The GRID foam roller is for anybody who wants to move better. At 13” long, and weight tested to support up to 500 lbs. static load, the GRID is the ideal solution for a self-massage and roll through the tight muscles, knots and kinks that prevent feeling good and moving well.
The Journal of Strength and Condition Research recently conducted a study to determine the effect of self-myofascial release (SMR) via foam roller application on knee extensor force and activation and knee joint range of motion. The results showed that nothing major occurred between either group for any of the neuromuscular variables (muscle force, rate of force development, and muscle activation). The foam roller group, however, experienced a significant increase in range of motion (ROM). A negative correlation was shown between subjects’ force and ROM before foam rolling that did not exist after foam rolling. In a nutshell, this study suggests that SMR of the quadriceps, or potentially any other muscle for that matter, was an effective treatment method to increase range of motion without suffering muscle performance. Only two minutes of foam rolling displayed increases in the range of motion in the quadriceps muscles.
This study is one of the first peer reviewed studies on SMR, and it proved what many athletes have been preaching for some time - foam rolling works. Not only can it help improve joint range of motion and overall muscle recovery, it does so without sacrificing muscle performance and strength. Perhaps the biggest benefits of SMR are that it can be done entirely by the individual and is very efficient in that it can take as little as 30-60 seconds to target the desired muscle group.
- This Revolutionary foam roller is a great tool for training and recovery.
The three-dimensional surface allows tissue to aerate while you roll, promoting the flow of blood and oxygen - the nutrients needed to repair muscles
- Distrodensity Zones allows for a more realistic massage experience
- "Green" technology - the GRID is constructed with less foam than traditional foam rollers
- Built from EVA foam and designed to withstand constant, heavy, and repeated use without breaking down
- Can be used as a massage and recovery tool, or to achieve a comprehensive core body workout
- Measures 13' in length and 5" in diameter
- The sleek design of The GRID makes it an excellent travel companion for myofascial release or workouts while on the road
- Weight tested to support up to 500lbs / 225kg static load.