According to the American Osteopathic Association, yoga helps to focuses your body’s natural tendency toward health and self-healing. “The purpose of yoga is to create strength, awareness and harmony in both the mind and body,” explains Natalie Nevins, DO, a board-certified osteopathic family physician and certified Kundalini Yoga instructor in Hollywood, California. While there are more than 100 different types, or schools, of yoga, most sessions are typically include breathing exercises, meditation, and assuming postures (sometimes called asana or poses) that stretch and flex various muscle groups.
Yoga has become a new age workout for hockey players and athletes alike, due to the many physical benefits such as:
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
Rainforest Yoga Mat:
The Concorde Rainforest Yoga Mat is at the top of the food chain when it comes to completely eco-friendly yoga mats. The Rainforest Mat makes sure the environment comes first in the production of each unit.
- Featuring an antibacterial, closed-cell design, this mat is completely latex free and non toxic.
- The Rainforest yoga mat has a fabric-like finish on one side and a comfy, textured surface on the reverse and is 100% recyclable and biodegradable
- It also sports dual-colours so you can express your inner yogi during each mind and body session.
- Overal Dimensions: 24" x 71", 5 mm Thickness.
Yoga Mat Bag:
- Quickly and easily transport and store your yoga mat with this Yoga Mat Bag.
- Our Equality Yoga Mat Bag is a solid black with a vented mesh section.
- This Mind and Body accessory is great for storing and transporting and can also be used for water bottles, hot yoga towels or even small personal training gear!
3" Yoga Bricks:
- Made of lightweight foam, these yoga blocks allow you to gain support in your poses at three different heights.
- The Foam Yoga Bricks are manufactured in an environmentally-friendly fashion.
- These yoga bricks are the perfect solution to provide extra stability and support in balancing postures, inversions, and seated stretches.
- These yoga accessories are ideal props for all styles of yoga including hot yoga!
- The Yoga Strap is made from 100% cotton and features a durable plastic buckle.
- Each yoga strap is 6' long and available in an earthy, natural grey colour.
- The yoga strap is a great way to help train your body to deepen yoga postures and it is very popular for stretching for runners.
- Great to assist with getting into the proper pose or yoga position.
- Made of 100% strong cotton webbing with an unbreakable PVC buckle.
Yoga Flat Bands:
- Great for yoga and Pilates, flexibility, strength and core training.
- The flat bands contain natural rubber latex for increased durability.
- All 3 flat bands are 4’ L x 5” W and great for clinical or home use!
- Light, Medium, and Heavy Bands allow you to progress or use for different exercises.
- The Yoga Balls are great for added weight to increase the difficulty of your yoga or pilates exercises.
- They provide a lightweight solution that will add just enough difficulty to any yoga or pilates session.
- Each yoga ball weighs 1 kg / 2.2 lbs.
- Made with a Soft vinyl outer shell for a nice feel during a workout.